Sunday, June 25, 2017

Apple crumble!



For a while now, I have been curious about the bottom layer (of digestive biscuits) in Cheesecakes and pie and really wanted to try out an easy recipe, to see how it turns out. So when I had few apples lying around, I instantly decided to make apple crumble. Now this recipe is ridiculously easy and very delicious. If you try it, do post pictures :-)

All you need are:
*few apples (I used 2)
*digestive biscuits or crackers ( I used a packet)
*flour (I used Atta - 1.5 cups)
*Sugar (I used honey approx 1/2 to 3/4 cups)
*Room temperature butter

Procedure:
* Dice the apples to desired size. I cut them medium to small pieces.
* Add some lemon juice to prevent browning
* If you want to add extra flavour or sweetness to your apples, you can add a dash of vanilla essense and some honey.


* Prepare your top crumble layer - 1 or 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour. Add desired amount of sugar or honey. Rub in cold butter to form crumbs as shown in photo


* Bottom crust - Crush a packet digestive biscuits (Some tiny bits and some medium bits).


* Mix with room temperature melted butter and line the bottom of your pan (I used a 7 inch square pan)
* Your crust is now ready

* Arrange your apple layer on top of the digestive biscuit layer


* Add the flour crumble layer on top evenly and pat down gently.


* Bake for 180 C in a pre-heated oven till a golden brown crust is formed.
* Serve warm as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
* Sit back and enjoy :D





No comments:

Post a Comment

Product Review - Bumpadum small wetbags

When Bumpadum released their small bags, I was very curious about the utility and got a couple of my favourite prints to try them...